I recently got the Dipper and Mabel’s Guide to Mystery and Nonstop Fun!! Here’s some interesting stuff I found.
1. Dipper you nerd, crushing on Wendy and all.
2. At one point in time, Dipper falls asleep while he’s writing and Bill writes a full two pages of this. Dipper later says that he couldn’t erase it, and when he tried to rip it out he kept falling asleep. Creepy. Anyways:
Bill Cipher mentions something powerful in a glacier that will be released. If you paid really close attention to the episode with Quentin Trembley, in the library book they found, it says that an evil time-devouring baby is trapped in a glacier. Preeeetty sure they’re the same thing.
4. Gideon sends letters to Mabel from prison. It’s a bit lengthy to read, sorry, but it’s interesting hearing something from Gideon after a while.
5. The Society of the Blind Eye!! Dipper knows about it! It was on the top of the “secret societies” chapter but it says nothing more about it.
6. Dipper says that he turned the page and he found this ink splotch. It’s Bill Cipher and the symbols on the wheel! Look really closely and see if you can find all of them.
7. I just noticed that whoever the original author was for this section on Bill Cipher was trying to figure out codes. In the top right, you can see that they wrote “CAESAR”, “ATBASH”, and “A1Z26” and crossed them all out. If you never knew, those are the codes that all of the messages at the end of the episodes are written in.
Aaand, there are codes all throughout the book that Bill wrote. They’re scattered everywhere, so I can’t post pictures, but I decoded them:
"DIPPER WROTE A THEME SONG FOR HIMSELF AND SINGS IT IN THE SHOWER"
“AFTER NIGHTMARES MABEL MEOWS HERSELF BACK TO SLEEP”
“SOOS KEEPS CANDY IN HIS BELLY BUTTON FOR EMERGENCIES”
“STAN WAS A BABY MODEL”
“THE MAYOR OF GRAVITY FALLS IS NOT LONG FOR THIS WORLD” (Alex Hirsch says that he is the mayor of Gravity Falls?)
“WENDY WISHES SHE LIVED IN PORTLAND”
“THE END OF THE WORLD IS CLOSER THAN THE END OF THE SUMMER”
“SOMETHING STRANGE IS BURIED UNDER GRAVITY FALLS” (Probably referring to Stan’s triangle machine)
“TIME BABY IS WORRIED ABOUT BILL” (Time Baby is mentioned again?)
“BUD GLEEFUL WANTS TO RUN FOR MAYOR”
“MCGUCKET HAS SEEN TERRIBLE THINGS”
“GRENDA WILL MARRY RICH” (She might marry Gideon, or Pacifica may have a sibling?)
“THAT BURNT TREE BY SOOS’S HOUSE IS ODD” (?)
“SOOS WRITES FAN FICS ABOUT STAN”
“THE GNOMES HAVE A CLEAR VIEW OF THE NORTHWEST MANOR” (?)
“DIPPER AND MABEL’S FATHER WORKED IN COMPUTERS” (Maybe has something to do with Giffany!!)
“ROBBIE SECRETLY DRAWS ANIME”
“THE INVISIBLE WIZARD KEEPS UNTYING DIPPER’S SHOES” (The invisible wizard from Little Dipper is real?)
“THE GOVERNMENT CAN BE FORGETFUL” (Referring to the two government workers from s2;e1 that never came back?)
“GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL”
Aaand, that should be it. Anyone have any ideas about the decoded messages?
Quick question for you.
Your first point: I didn’t see anywhere where Dipper made reference to his crush (I figured that the book takes place mid Season 2, because it mentions Sock Opera). Did I miss it? Can you point it out, please?
1. Mabel kinda hints at crushing on Robbie (eww…)
2. McGucket mentions losing his “reading glasses…”
EDIT: a-duh on my part! How about in the included pics? How’d I miss that? Thanks for those!